Software Developer - Data Engineering
- Full Time
Join Unbounce and help the world experience better marketing. We’re a people-first, customer-obsessed company focused on helping employees do their best work. Our landing page and conversion platform empower digital marketing teams and agencies to launch campaigns, increase conversions and get significantly better ROI on their marketing spend in a way that nobody else does today.
The Data Engineering team enables other teams by creating the ecosystem upon which data processing is built. It is a small team with lots of opportunities to create high-impact solutions and collaborate with a large part of the company.
A little bit about you:
- You understand the data lifecycle – ultimately delivering high-quality data that is able to evolve and grow
- You work as part of a team – your success is the success of the team
- You are not afraid of taking initiative; taking on new work, improving existing documentation or exploring better ways to achieve a goal – these things start with you
- You own your work – from idea to delivery, you’ll take your projects all the way
We believe the ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Delivering production-grade Python
- Writing reasonably optimized SQL
- Deploying on containerized infrastructure, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Building event stream architecture and using tooling such as Kafka
- Building batch architecture and using tooling such as Airflow
- Writing Infrastructure as Code, using tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Creating and managing databases; designing warehouse usage for distributed systems
- Develop and consume synchronous and asynchronous APIs
- Script using unix-based shells and Make
- Write and maintain permission systems such as RBAC within tools such as IAM or K8s
What you’ll be doing:
- Enable our Data Analysts and Data Scientists by developing pipelines, tooling, infrastructure, training and pioneering best practices
- Develop and improve existing data solutions on our warehouses and event streams
- Develop ETL pipelines and supporting infrastructure for data-driven insights
- Write IaC for AWS services, including RDS, S3, EKS (Kubernetes manifests), Kinesis and MSK
- Coordinate with other teams to deliver high-impact solutions
What’s in it for you:
- A remote-friendly office with flexible hours – for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas holiday closure – you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 personal wellness days (this includes: personal day, moving day, sick day, etc)
- Health and wellness budget - $500.00
- WFH budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid volunteer day per year
- All Unbouncers are encouraged to dedicate 10% of their time to Pro-D time
Please note that we currently do not have a legal entity set up to operate as an employer of record in Quebec. We thank you for your consideration but we are unable to accept candidates from Quebec at this time.
Share our values:
- Being Real
Unbounce Welcomes You to be YOU!
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you do this – when you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others – we learn from each other, we innovate, and we co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncer feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique.
We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination and we’re taking action against unequal pay in our community through leading the #PayUpforProgress movement.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.