As a People-First company, we feel that leading a team of developers focused on the effective operations of our technical systems is a great way to make an impact at Unbounce. If you want to inspire your team to conquer technical challenges and achieve lofty goals for themselves and our product, this Engineering Team Lead role could be a perfect fit!
Supported within a team of other Engineering Leads and reporting to the Director of Platform Services, you will operate as a servant leader as well as a people manager.
As an Engineering Team Lead for the Core team, your primary focus is assisting your team achieve its mission of helping other teams deliver customer value, and doing it with technology that makes us proud. On a daily basis, you will rely on your experience having coached and mentored developers at all levels. As an experienced technologist, you will help inform the building of performant, reliable and scalable systems, and guide the management of technical tradeoffs with your bigger picture thinking.
What You'll be Doing:
- You will mentor and support the growth of a team of high potential infrastructure and security focused developers
- You will create a positive and inclusive environment for your team to do their best work
- As a member of our Engineering Management group, you will influence the entire department by sharing your experiences and best practices, advocating for professional development opportunities and programs for your team, and driving experimentation.
- You will shape the future of Unbounce by leading or contributing to communities across the company and as part of a team representing Unbounce in the broader development community.
- You will help ensure that technical systems are reliable, highly available and cost effective to run
- In the next year, you will help the team migrate services to less maintenance heavy architectures such as Lambda and Kubernetes
A Little Bit About You:
- Your strengths are first and foremost as a leader and people manager. You are skilled and fulfilled in helping people realize their potential.
- Your technical background in software development has been enriching and you are most happy inspiring others by asking powerful questions to enhance their understanding rather than dictating a solution.
- You are known as a kind and wise leader who can see the bigger picture. It is common that people from all areas of the company seek you out for guidance and support.
- You are a champion of agility practices and measures of effectiveness to identify where to guide improvements.
- Working with a variety of AWS services, including Lambda, EKS, RDS, Cloudfront, Autoscaling, Route53, GuardDuty and S3
- Managing vendors and vendor relationships
- Reporting on and analysing budgets and spend for tooling and hosting
- Engineering management with direct reports
- Software agility principles and practices
- Full software development lifecycle - from ideation through to releasing and supporting production systems
What’s in it for you:
- A remote friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Personal day, Moving day, Sick day, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- All Unbouncers are encouraged to dedicate 10% of their time to Pro-D time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you do this – when you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others – we learn from each other, we innovate, and we co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncers feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique. We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.