Vice President, Sales & Customer Success
We’re a people-first, customer-obsessed company motivated by our passion for empowering digital marketers to achieve success with their campaigns. With intuitive landing page builders and a comprehensive suite of AI-powered features, our Conversion Intelligence platform helps you grow smarter.
Our team's technical expertise and creativity work together to drive our mission forward every day. We aim to continue being an innovative and inspiring company that both our customers and employees admire. We’re seeking an incredible people leader who will drive a high-performance culture as the Vice President of Sales & Customer Success. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing Sales, Enablement, and Support. You will have ownership of all Sales and Customer Success initiatives and be a champion and advocate for a customer-first approach to our business, and in our purpose to help our customers grow smarter.You will be responsible for ensuring the long-term sustainability and profitability of the Sales and CS initiative, carefully watching each step of the customer journey to enable customer value, and delivering the customers’ desired outcomes.
About the role:
In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. You will set the strategic vision for Sales & CS, aligning it with Unbounce's priorities and revenue-generating initiatives. Your success will be predicated on your expertise to develop and execute on strategic priorities that will be measured by your ability to both grow and retain a customer base and inspire your team to deliver value. We are seeking a leader who has experience in implementing automation and optimization technologies to drive enhanced digital support and onboarding experiences. We want someone who can harness data-driven insights to inform strategic decision-making, optimize processes, and drive business growth.
What you’ll be doing:
1. Leadership and Strategy:
- Lead the Sales & Customer Success department, ensuring it becomes a scalable, high-performing advocate for our customers.
- Establish and communicate a clear long-term vision for CS, focusing on customer value, revenue growth, and team development.
- Act as the chief customer advocate, championing customer-centricity throughout the organization.
- Drive a high-performance culture, fostering growth, accountability, and excellence within your teams.
- Coach, mentor, and develop your teams with effective professional development strategies.
2. Metrics and Performance:
- Define and monitor CS metrics crucial to our organization's priorities and revenue goals.
- Manage and meet targets for New Customer Acquisition, Upsell, Net Revenue Retention, Activation (incl. conversion rates), Customer Satisfaction (CSat), and Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Drive customer success by fostering creativity, problem-solving, and innovative thinking within your teams.
3. Revenue Expansion and Retention:
- Enhance revenue expansion and retention through process enhancements, data-driven analysis, and project implementation.
- Collaborate with Revenue Operations to optimize customer lifecycles, processes, channels, and touch-points.
- Review and improve all CS processes, including implementation, service, support, advocacy, upgrades, renewals, and churn management.
4. Enablement and Portfolio Management:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive enablement strategy, equipping the Sales & CS team with the tools, knowledge, and skills to excel in a sales-focused environment.
- Manage a portfolio of our most strategic customers, representing over 30% of the company's revenue.
- Leverage your account management expertise to drive both Net Revenue Retention and expansion revenue within your portfolio.
5. Cross-Functional Leadership:
- Manage cross-functional teams, make decisions on team structures, and oversee compensation and performance management.
- Promote a customer-first approach across the organization, emphasizing the value of CS.
A little bit about you:
- 7+ years of experience leading managers and multiple large teams.
- 8+ years of experience in SaaS Sales, Customer Success, Customer Experience, or similar roles.
- Deep understanding of Saas Sales best practices in a Customer Experience Environment
- Strong data and analytics skills
- Proven track record in building high-performing teams.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills with the ability to influence senior leaders across departments.
- Strong belief in the power of mindset and a growth-oriented approach.
- A commitment to the connection between happy customers and engaged teams.
- Proficiency in establishing clear, measurable outcomes and a focus on results.
- Effective communication skills, even in large meetings.
- Experience using or implementing OKRs, Scaling Up, and Reforge models of customer engagement is a significant advantage.
Share our values:
- Being Real
- Bias for Action
- Grow People
- Create the Future
- Self Leadership
What’s in it for you:
💵 Compensation range
- $176,000 - $200,000 + Variable
🤝 Flexibility and time off
- A digital-first, distributed working model with flexible hours -- for this role, we will consider all applications from those based in Canada*, with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 20 vacation days
- Holiday Closure: December 25th - January 1st
- One paid day off on your birthday
- One paid volunteer day per year
🩺 Health and wellness
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and generous mental health support options – all available on day 1
- 12 personal wellness days
- $500 health and wellness allowance**
- Parental leave and planned reintegration program
- Org-wide and employee-led DEI and growth initiatives
- Professional development time and budget
🌟 More perks!
- One-time work-from-home allowance - $500
- An annual allowance of $1,000 that you can choose to use towards your vacation, or put toward your RRSP contribution**
* Please note that we currently do not have a legal entity set up to operate as an employer of record in Quebec. We thank you for your consideration but we are unable to accept candidates from Quebec at this time.
** These amounts will be prorated based on your start date.
Unbounce welcomes you to be YOU!
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others we learn from each other. We innovate and co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncer feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique.
We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination and we’re taking action against unequal pay in our community through leading the #PayUpforProgress movement.
If you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].