We are looking for an Associate People & Culture Business Partner to join our team for a 13-month parental leave contract. The Associate People & Culture Business Partner works closely with the members of the People Operations team to create an environment where Unbouncers can do their best work. As the Business Partner to the Operations Unit, you’ll partner very closely with the People Leaders, providing them with coaching, guidance, and advice to help them grow as leaders and grow their teams while bringing in members of the People Operations team for support. You will act as a point of contact for all things people related to all members of the small but mighty Operations unit and provide them support with a people-first approach while embodying Unbounce’s values and leadership attributes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build relationships and trust with all levels of the Operations unit, acting as a coach in their growth and development at Unbounce
- Support for the members of the business unit in day to day HR related tasks
- Working closely with the People Operations team provide support to the People Leaders through coaching, guidance, and advice on day to day people practices
- Provide insights and recommendations to the Operations leadership team on our bi-annual engagement survey results
- Provide backup support to the P&C Business Partners where necessary
- Work with and assist the members of the People Operations team to ensure success in its projects and goals
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and standard practices of the HR discipline to proactively maintain compliance as a business and examine and suggest improvements to the culture, practices, and policies at Unbounce
- Work closely with and assist the People Operations team on our performance management cycles, annual salary survey, and salary banding work to ensure external competitiveness and internal equity in our total rewards initiative
- Partner with other teams in People & Culture as required including Talent Acquisition, Social Impact, Learning and Development, and DEI
- Work closely with our Payroll team to manage leaves, offboarding, and title/salary changes
- Escalate concerns to the People Operations team as appropriate
A little bit about you:
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources at the Generalist level
- Developing skills to coach, create trust, and build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Comfortable with being resourceful and delivery focused in ambiguous situations
- Proactive and analytical mindset to identifying and solutioning, while keeping Unbounce’s people-first mindset at the forefront of employee and organizational issues
- Ability to be an advocate for Unbouncers and develop skills to challenge leadership when required with tact and respect
- Building capacity and confidence in presenting to groups and facilitating training sessions.
- You share our values:
- Being Real
What’s in it for you:
- A remote friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Personal day, Moving day, Sick day, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- All Unbouncers are encouraged to dedicate 10% of their time to Pro-D time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you do this – when you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others – we learn from each other, we innovate, and we co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncers feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique. We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.