Vice President, Engineering
- Full Time
A little bit about us:
Unbounce transforms our customers into marketing superstars by empowering them to quickly create and deploy beautiful content, while connecting them with the world's most powerful Machine Learning powered analytics and testing tools. But we don’t stop there. Digital Marketing needs to shift from providing visitors with an offer to operating as a concierge; helping visitors make decisions and connecting them with relevant meaningful content. Delivered in the right way at the right time. This is how Unbounce helps the world experience better marketing.
This change is not possible without great people embracing the path to change. Where there is a hunger to lead the pack, take courageous leaps while ensuring we’re operating within a genuine, ethical, diverse and people-first organization.
A little bit about you:
- You are passionate about creating a world class developer experience. You understand that developers are key to any great product organization and you are constantly working to help them stay in flow.
- You know nothing comes for free. You are always keeping an eye on cost of ownership and working with technology leaders and stakeholders throughout Unbounce to keep it under control.
- You create a culture of exceptional performance by recognizing the uniqueness of your team and applying situational leadership to help your team continuously grow.
- You build a positive and safe culture bringing your whole and best self to work every day.
- You are a servant leader who operates with a great deal of empathy; building trust and value through relationships and empowering others to realize their best work.
- You are skilled at crafting a vision, setting goals and delivering incremental outcomes in a diverse SaaS environment.
- You have experience leading, mentoring, coaching, scaling, and managing an engineering team of 40+.
- You have experience connecting developers with customers and the business.
- You enjoy creating talent pipelines, have experience with both in-house and augmented talent sourcing, and build engineering cultures that help new talent onboard quickly.
- Scalable and sustainable product development: Guide Unbounce’s Product Development structure, engineering leadership, and stakeholders to increase the scalability and sustainability of the product development organization.
- Engineering organizational design: Understand the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches, and have a sense of when to stay the course with a design, when to change, and can provide the change management for both.
- Building talent pipelines (including augmentation): Stay on top of market challenges in scaling an engineering team. Build talent pipelines to help the organization scale. This includes leveraging augmentation partners. Build an Engineering brand that engineers want to work for.
- Budget Ownership: Guide our investment mix between maintenance, strategy execution, research and exploration, and internal enablement.
- Habit and health formation: Able to build sustained engineering habits that increase flow and decrease cognitive load. Goes deep to identify and mitigate threats to department health. Delegates accountability for team health.
- Business understanding: Communicate product strategy and SAAS business metrics. Lead departmental budgeting and annual planning. Translate business needs to engineers.
- Leadership, coaching, mentoring, performance management: Grow the capabilities of teams and individuals. Provide leadership, coaching, mentorship, and feedback. Assess individual and team performance and potential, leading performance management to ensure that performance is always growing.
- Facilitate and coordinate technology development: Lead Unbounce’s internal technology group to ensure our technology standards and approaches are supporting our long term organizational needs.
Qualifications and Must-Haves:
- 15-plus years in B2B SaaS Technology/Software environments building complex systems in progressive leadership roles. Experience leading the design, ownership and processes relating to engineering organizational effectiveness
- Hands-on experience overseeing the building and delivering Platform as a Service (PaaS) and/or Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions and ensuring that decisions are made in a timely fashion
- Experience scaling a SaaS company with oversight of engineering groups of 40 or more
- Extensive experience working with multiple departments and stakeholders of all levels
- Experience ensuring programs are in place to identify when engineering talent is needed.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative, agile, and fast-paced environment
- Ability to orchestrate complete product lifecycle from concept to execution
- Experience leading, creating and scaling a distributed team
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and nontechnical cohorts.
- Experience working with individuals responsible for Machine Learning is a strong plus.
- Experience incorporating team augmentation into staffing plans.
- Experience working with data driven systems.
- Experience working with developer platforms.
What’s in it for you:
- A remote friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Personal day, Moving day, Sick day, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- WFH Allowance - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- All Unbouncers are encouraged to dedicate 10% of their time to Pro-D time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you do this – when you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others – we learn from each other, we innovate, and we co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncers feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique. We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.