Are you passionate about building reliable and scalable systems, tackling event-driven architecture, and implementing complex web services? We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer who has the big picture thinking, can effectively manage tradeoffs, and with the aptitude to collaborate. If you’re someone who wants to not only build systems but also help us iterate on improving how we deliver every step of the way, while having fun, then read on!
What impact will you have on Unbounce? You will tackle some of our most complex backend systems and architecture. You will work with our Chapter of Backend Developers, fostering the growth of technical capabilities and standardizing best practices. You will also collaborate with other leaders to help refine our technical roadmap and leverage your expertise in how we can effectively design solutions and tackle our technical challenges.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will be designing, building and shipping distributed systems on managed services on AWS. We use Lambda, Kinesis and DynamoDB as our core technologies. We have some legacy systems in Rails.
- You will be participating in kind, and thoughtful code reviews to encourage better software, while supporting your team’s knowledge growth.
- You’ll be mentoring and coaching people in your team. You will default to collaborating and pair-programming with teammates, in order to solve problems at hand.
- You will ensure that your team strikes a good balance between testing coverage and development speed, and will be advocating for test-driven development.
- You will be ensuring to learn about best practices and industry standards, and applying them at Unbounce to improve how we build and ship software.
A little bit about You:
- You have extensive experience (4 - 6 years) with the full software development lifecycle - from ideation through to operating backend production services, with an understanding of how applications are deployed across environments
- You are a proven technical leader with foundations of big-picture thinking who can effectively manage trade-offs, balance technical complexities with functional requirements, and clearly articulate them to a wider audience
- You have a successful track record to drive technical excellence from those around them, mentoring and coaching to foster the growth of others
- You have a passion for teamwork and collaboration knowing that the best success are ones accomplished as a team
What’s in it for you:
- A remote friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Personal day, Moving day, Sick day, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- All Unbouncers are encouraged to dedicate 10% of their time to Pro-D time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you do this – when you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others – we learn from each other, we innovate, and we co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncers feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique. We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.