Are you passionate about building reliable and scalable systems, tackling internal API architecture, and implementing complex web services used by all of our development teams? We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer who has big-picture thinking, can effectively manage trade-offs, and has an aptitude to collaborate. If you’re someone who wants to not only build systems but also help us iterate on improving how we deliver every step of the way, then read on!
As part of our Platform team, you will have the opportunity to grow our technical capacity to rapidly iterate, and increase Unbounce’s Product teams’ ability to continuously release software. You will have the opportunity to find creative solutions, and be empowered to take risks while designing and building out your solutions. Along with our team, you will be helping thousands of small businesses and help millions of people find what they need in an easier and smarter way online.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be scoping, designing, and implementing new software components for our internal APIs and creating services to help our delivery teams rapidly iterate on our product vision
- Building an internal Insights Manager service that will facilitate our Product teams in bringing machine learning driven insights to our customers
- Iterating and improving our internal feature flagging service to allow us to better experiment with how to solve our customer’s problems
- Profiling and analyzing our software under real-world, production conditions
- You’ll be mentoring other developers in your team, and will collaborate with teammates, in order to solve problems at hand.
- Ensure that your team strikes a good balance between testing coverage and development speed, and will be advocating for test-driven development.
A little bit about You:
- You have experience with at least 1 of the following: REST APIs, GraphQL, Feature Flagging Systems, Machine Learning patterns, with a strong desire to learn about the others
- Building scalable and maintainable backend services excites you
- You are familiar with codified infrastructure in the cloud. We use Kubernetes and Lambda on AWS
- You have experience with the full software development lifecycle - from ideation through to operating backend production services and are familiar with the needs of an internally focused development team
- You have the foundations of big-picture thinking, and can effectively manage trade-offs, balancing technical complexities with functional requirements
- You know how to build technical excellence in those around you, and enjoy mentoring and coaching to foster the growth of others
- You have a passion for teamwork and collaboration knowing that the best successes are ones accomplished as a team
What’s in it for you:
- A remote friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Personal day, Moving day, Sick day, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- All Unbouncers are encouraged to dedicate 10% of their time to Pro-D time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you do this – when you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others – we learn from each other, we innovate, and we co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncers feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique. We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.