Join Unbounce and help the world experience better marketing. We’re a people first, customer obsessed company focused on helping employees do their best work. Our landing page and conversion platform empowers digital marketing teams and agencies to launch campaigns, increase conversions and get significantly better ROI on their marketing spend in a way that nobody else does today.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing efforts in data science, machine learning, and R&D. You’ll lead our MLOps squad within the Data Products team, working with our Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Developers to architect data pipelines, build our production machine learning infrastructure and support machine learning research.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll serve as a team lead, manager and mentor to other Machine Learning Engineers on your team
- Working with our Engineering teams, you will help build production features that leverage our machine learning technologies
- You will help develop infrastructure for rapid machine learning feature prototyping, deployment, and evaluation with customers
- Working on our Data Products team, you will build and optimize data lakes and feature stores to feed research projects
- Applying best practices for ETL and batch processing of database, log, image, and HTML data.
- Participate in large-scale project planning and stakeholder education
A little bit about you:
- 5 or more years of experience working with MLOps or Machine Learning Engineering
- Experience leading major projects and managing junior team members
- You have experience deploying machine learning models in production, and with production architecture, monitoring and logging
- You can communicate clearly and empathetically with developers, product managers, and UX designers to explain the abilities and limitations of ML systems
- Programming with Python and the associated data science/machine learning packages (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, xgboost, numpy, scipy)
- Management of databases (we principally use MySQL, Postgres, and DynamoDB)
- Cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS, especially S3, and CloudFormation
- Running services in Docker environments
- An understanding of web technologies, including APIs (we use REST and GraphQL)
- Linux administration and command line tools
- Agile development, version control, and code review processes
- Big Data ETL (we principally use PySpark)
What’s in it for you:
- A remote friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Personal day, Moving day, Sick day, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- One day every 2 weeks of dedicated professional development time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce we celebrate everyone and their multiple intersecting identities. We believe a panorama of experience allows us to make better decisions together and inspires innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. Our goal is for every Unbouncer to feel deeply connected to their team through mutual value, respect, and understanding.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.