Senior Machine Learning Engineer
We’re a people-first, customer-obsessed company motivated by our passion for empowering digital marketers to achieve success with their campaigns. With intuitive landing page builders and a comprehensive suite of AI-powered features, our Conversion Intelligence platform helps you grow smarter.
Our team's technical expertise and creativity work together to drive our mission forward every day. We aim to continue being an innovative and inspiring company that both our customers and employees admire—and we invite our future team members to join us!
About the role:
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us blaze some trails and lead our growing efforts in machine learning engineering and data science. In this role, you will utilize your expertise in software engineering, data analysis, and machine learning to enhance our product, deliver cutting-edge features, and establish efficient machine learning procedures.
You’ll be combining techniques in NLP, reinforcement learning, deep learning and more to deliver value to our customers with machine learning and data backed insights.
What you’ll be doing:
- Machine Learning Engineering: Lead the development and deployment of machine learning models and solutions, with a strong focus on software development, to enable our customers to create high-converting content and extract data-driven insights for increased ROI.
- Software Development: Collaborate on the design and development of software solutions that incorporate machine learning components, ensuring scalability, efficiency, maintainability, and adherence to best practices.
- Machine Learning Life Cycle: Collaborate with MLOps to implement and manage robust ML engineering practices including model versioning, training, deployment, and monitoring to ensure seamless integration of machine learning into our product.
- Experimentation and A/B Testing: You’ll design, execute, and analyze experiments to measure the impact of product changes and enhancements, and provide recommendations based on the findings.
- Mentorship and Collaboration: You’ll be part of a diverse, cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, Developers, Analysts, Product Managers, and UX Designers. You will share your expertise and provide guidance, and actively contribute to a collaborative and learning-oriented team culture.
- Product Insights and Strategy: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate data insights into actionable recommendations for product roadmap planning and strategy.
A little bit about you:
- 5 or more years of experience working with machine learning and software development of which at least 2 years are within a product-focused environment.
- High level of proficiency in machine learning techniques and frameworks, as well as model development, including NLP, image analysis, and generative models.
- Experience leading projects and mentoring team members
- Strong programming skills with Python and the associated data science/machine learning packages (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, xgboost, numpy, and scipy)
- Familiarity with relational databases (we principally use Redshift, MySQL, and Postgres)
- Familiarity with Docker containerization for model deployment
- Proficiency in cloud services such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Strong experience in REST APIs development
- Familiarity with third-party machine learning APIs and the ability to integrate them into custom solutions
- Proven experience with ML Engineering practices, agile development, version control, and code review processes
- You can communicate clearly and empathetically with developers, product managers, and UX designers to explain the abilities and limitations of ML systems
- You are not afraid to ask questions to find the best solution and are equally unafraid to have your ideas challenged
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with prompt engineering to design effective and efficient conversational AI systems
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines for model deployment
- Knowledge of MLOps best practices and tools
- Experience with TensorFlow and PyTorch
Share our values:
- Being Real
What’s in it for you:
💵 Compensation range
- $127,400 - $142,800
🤝 Flexibility and time off
- A digital-first, distributed working model with flexible hours -- for this role, we will consider all applications from those based in Canada*, with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 20 vacation days
- Holiday Closure: December 25th - January 1st
- One paid day off on your birthday
- One paid volunteer day per year
🩺 Health and wellness
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and generous mental health support options – all available on day 1
- 12 personal wellness days
- $500 health and wellness allowance**
- Parental leave and planned reintegration program
- Org-wide and employee-led DEI and growth initiatives
- Professional development time and budget
🌟 More perks!
- One-time work-from-home allowance - $500
- An annual allowance of $1,000 that you can choose to use towards your vacation, or put toward your RRSP contribution**
* Please note that we currently do not have a legal entity set up to operate as an employer of record in Quebec. We thank you for your consideration but we are unable to accept candidates from Quebec at this time.
** These amounts will be prorated based on your start date.
Unbounce welcomes you to be YOU!
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others we learn from each other. We innovate and co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncer feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique.
We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination and we’re taking action against unequal pay in our community through leading the #PayUpforProgress movement.
If you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].