TL;DR - You’ll be responsible for driving strategy and execution on the lifecycle marketing that drives some of the most important metrics in our business - customer activation and engagement. With the potential of growing into a people leader position, we’re looking for someone who is keen to grow in their career with us. If that gets you jazzed then read on.
Like a sommelier can appreciate a fine wine, you’ve acquired a taste for an important skill in marketing that many lack: delightful copywriting.
We’re looking for a strategic & creative marketer who knows how to identify their audience, understand their behaviours, pain points, motivation, and build captivating customer marketing campaigns that help our users become better versions of themselves.
Using several channels including email, in-app messaging, PPC, product tours, and by working with our product, sales, and support teams, the Customer Marketing team at Unbounce helps drive the user behaviours that make our customers successful, while building strategies to drive product/feature adoption, engagement, revenue expansion, and reduce churn.
What You'll be Doing:
- Strategize, build and execute customer marketing lifecycle programs that deepen customer relationships at scale and drive our adoption/retention KPIs. This may include taking leadership in cross-functional initiatives that drive the same results.
- Show leadership in cross-team initiatives that drive our lifecycle metrics, and help others align under a single strategy.
- Develop creative & high-converting, but still delightful, marketing content (such as emails, landing pages and in-app messages) that builds product awareness and helps our customers get more value from Unbounce.
- Utilize your strong analytical ability to evaluate customer journey mapping across multiple channels and customer touchpoints.
- Lead and project manage campaigns and programs with multiple collaborators from inception through execution and ultimately performance measurement and reporting.
- Use Intercom and other lifecycle messaging tools to create advanced automated email and in-app workflows.
- Collect and use customer data (attributes and behaviours) and interviews to develop advanced segmentation to enable personalized messaging, campaigns, and effective customer insights.
- Stay on top of customer marketing best practices, and consistently share the best of what you learn with your team to infuse it into your ideation, strategy and approach.
A Little Bit About You:
- You have 5+ years’ experience in a marketing strategy role with one or more of the following: content marketing, email marketing, campaign strategy, growth marketing or marketing automation.
- You have led major cross-team initiatives and have had others buy into a vision you’ve created.
- You're an excellent writer and think copy should be delightful. We’d love to see your past work.
- You have a deep understanding of the customer lifecycle and how to create meaningful segmentation of your customers along the way.
- You are skilled at building product adoption strategies with experience motivating cohorts of customers to use specific features and functionality.
- Your DNA is wired with customer and teammate empathy. We’re keen to work with someone who wants to regularly talk to customers and interview them.
- You have a proven ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively.
- You are data-driven and analytical, with the ability to interpret data and generate actionable insights - experience with analytics tools and spreadsheets is a must.
- You’re a bit more experienced, so organizational skills and accountability should be something you’ve already mastered.
- You’re insatiably curious and excited to take on leadership.
- A practitioner who is always working on building/expanding their ‘playbook’ of best practices, tactics, strategies or mental models that they can apply to work or share with others
- You are keen to work cross-functionally including mentoring other marketers, and leading strategic initiatives that include our product, sales, support, data and marketing teams.
- Familiarity or certification with Reforge, PMA, and Pragmatic Marketing is a huge plus. We’ll be speaking the same language.
- Experiencing leading teams, managing reports is a huge plus as we want you to grow with us!
What’s in it for you:
- A remote friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Personal day, Moving day, Sick day, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- All Unbouncers are encouraged to dedicate 10% of their time to Pro-D time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you do this – when you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others – we learn from each other, we innovate, and we co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncers feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique. We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.