We are looking for a Vice President, People & Culture to join our team for a 13 month parental leave contract. Are you passionate about ensuring people are at the front of every business, creating people-first strategies? Do you get jazzed up at the opportunity to move those strategies forward for an (almost) 300 person company? Above all else, do you care deeply for the wellbeing of every human who dedicates their days to the success of a business? We want to work with you!
The Vice President, People & Culture is accountable for the People strategy of Unbounce - where we believe Happy Unbouncers, creates Happy Customers, which in turn creates Business Value - it’s how we do business. You will be accountable for the performance of all the teams within People & Culture. Reporting directly to the President, you will work as part of the Senior Leadership Team, and closely with all executives to ensure people-first practices are at the forefront of the organization and Unbouncers are able to do the best work of their careers, while feeling CARED for as humans.
What You'll be Doing:
- Accountable for the people first strategy of Unbounce, enabling Unbouncers to do their best work, and keeping humans and their wellbeing at the heart of everything you do
- Accountable for planning and executing against the “Place to do your best work” corporate strategy
- Prepare for, attend at, and speak to the state of our People strategy and overall business strategy at Board Meetings
- Plan, build, adhere to, and remain on-budget throughout the year, while enabling good decision making as needed throughout the year against unplanned expenses and investments. Prepare business cases as needed for further funding requests
- Continually assess the health of our recruitment strategy, partnering with the Director of Talent Acquisition to optimize for a global talent acquisition strategy, based on the needs of the Unbounce teams, and availability of talent
- Stay current on the competitiveness of our Compensation and Benefits philosophy and offerings, suggesting changes, tweaks or updates, when and if needed.
- Accountable for the delivery of the entire P&C team, which includes: Diversity Equity & Inclusion, Learning and Development, Employee & Office Experience, People Operations, Talent Acquisition, and Social Impact
- Manage and coach the People & Culture leadership, supporting the team’s career growth and development
- Accountable for People & Culture metrics including, but not limited to: Unbouncer Engagement Scores, Unbounce Employee Retention, Talent Acquisition success metrics, Learning success metrics, DEI goals (both demographic representation, pay equity, as well as a DEI lens on all previous metrics).
- Act as a coach, strategic advisor, confidant, and respectful challenger to the executives, founders, and Senior Leadership team.
- Challenge the status quo, decision making, and projects moving forward to be delivered in the best interest of Unbounce’s people
- Partner and lead Operations Unit strategy alongside the VP, Operations, enabling the business to do their best work, and be as effective as possible.
- Work across the organization, as an expert advisor to solve complex business and people issues alongside members of the P&C team.
- Prepare and present at quarterly company-wide all-hands meetings, on our People strategy.
- Provide support and consultation to the teams within People & Culture around applicable laws, ensuring that Unbounce remains legally compliant in its people practices within the jurisdictions Unbounce operates in
A Little Bit About You:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in all the functional areas of People & Culture/ Human Resources, and leading leaders.
- Experience heading P&C function in a 250+ person organization and demonstrated leadership in line with the Unbounce Values to be CARED for (Courage, Ambition, Being Real, Empathy, and Diversity)
- Exceptional ability to lead and develop people in a way that brings out the best in them and inspires them to maximize their contributions and stretch the boundaries of what they can achieve.
- Proven ability to influence without authority, and challenge while showing confidentiality, tact, and respect, at every level of the organization
- Excellent understanding of financial and people health metrics, and how the two intersect
- Experience in workforce planning, understanding the need to be aware of costs and create appropriate growth opportunities to balance the culture and experience levels of the company
- High degree of confidence and courage in advocating for employees’ wellbeing and the people strategy of an organization
- Experience with acquisitions and/or mergers, and cultural integration
- Strong ability to hold a balanced perspective and remain neutral; an ability to remove self from the conversation when needed
- High degree of knowledge, experience, and proven action within the areas of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Experience overseeing the roll out of a successful Learning & Development strategy.
- Experience leading distributed team members is a strong asset
What’s in it for you:
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Personal day, Moving day, Sick day, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- All Unbouncers are encouraged to dedicate 10% of their time to Pro-D time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you do this – when you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others – we learn from each other, we innovate, and we co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncers feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique. We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.