Software Engineer - Data Platform
We’re a people-first, customer-obsessed company motivated by our passion for empowering digital marketers to achieve success with their campaigns. With intuitive landing page builders and a comprehensive suite of AI-powered features, our Conversion Intelligence platform helps you grow smarter.
Our team's technical expertise and creativity work together to drive our mission forward every day. We aim to continue being an innovative and inspiring company that both our customers and employees admire—and we invite our future team members to join us!
About the role:
The Data Platform team is responsible for creating and maintaining the ecosystem upon which all of Unbounce’s data needs are built - including data processing, data analysis, data science, and machine learning. It is an integral team to Unbounce’s data-driven vision, and is foundational in succeeding in Unbounce’s Conversion Intelligence goals. From day one, the role will entail many opportunities to create high-impact platform solutions and collaborate with almost every part of the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining platform solutions (in the Data Mesh architectural pattern) to solve modern data problems, such as:
- Rapid prototyping, deployment, and evaluation of machine learning features for our ML Engineers and Data Scientists
- Infrastructure and systems to support all aspects of model training data preparation; collection, categorization and evaluation
- Self-serve data discoverability, exploration and analysis for all Unbouncer’s (both technical and non-technical)
- Data observability, governance and lineage
- Secure, flexible and performant APIs with granular access controls for both internal and external clients
- Manage deployments and infrastructure, using Kubernetes and AWS
- Event-based stream data architecture, using Kafka
- Orchestrated/batch-based data architecture, using Airflow
- Working closely with our partners in Data Analytics, Data Products, and the wider Engineering organization to refine requirements and deliver high-impact data solutions
- Drive and participate in the creation and review of solution designs and architecture
- Educate and provide guidance to the wider organization on industry best practices for data management
A little bit about you:
- 2+ years of experience in Data Engineering and/or Machine Learning Engineering.
- Software Engineering experience will also be considered for candidates with a provable interest in the data space!
- You love designing and building performant platform solutions, using modern patterns and technologies, to solve real problems and to see real impact with users.
- You work as part of a team - your success is the success of the team.
- You are not afraid of taking initiative; proposing and taking on improvements or new solutions, improving existing documentation or exploring better ways to achieve a goal - these things start with you.
- You own your work - from idea to delivery, you’ll take your projects all the way.
Share our values:
- Being Real
What’s in it for you:
💵 Compensation range
- $105,000 - $135,000
🤝 Flexibility and time off
- A digital-first, distributed working model with flexible hours -- for this role, we will consider all applications from those based in Canada*, with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 20 vacation days
- Holiday Closure: December 25th - January 1st
- One paid day off on your birthday
- One paid volunteer day per year
🩺 Health and wellness
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and generous mental health support options – all available on day 1
- 12 personal wellness days
- $500 health and wellness allowance**
- Parental leave and planned reintegration program
- Org-wide and employee-led DEI and growth initiatives
- Professional development time and budget
🌟 More perks!
- One-time work-from-home allowance - $500
- An annual allowance of $1,000 that you can choose to use towards your vacation, or put toward your RRSP contribution**
* Please note that we currently do not have a legal entity set up to operate as an employer of record in Quebec. We thank you for your consideration but we are unable to accept candidates from Quebec at this time.
** These amounts will be prorated based on your start date.
Unbounce welcomes you to be YOU!
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others we learn from each other. We innovate and co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncer feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique.
We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination and we’re taking action against unequal pay in our community through leading the #PayUpforProgress movement.
If you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].