We’re looking for a Legal & Compliance Analyst to help us resolve legal and compliance tickets, perform contract reviews, and address data processing questions and concerns while providing guidance and education to Unbouncers on all things legal/privacy. You will collaborate with teams in Operations as well as the rest of the organization to provide legal expertise in support of our customers and internal initiatives. You will help create and implement legal and compliance policies, procedures, standards and related controls that ensure adherence to our regulatory responsibilities.
As our in-house legal and compliance subject matter expert, and supported by our external legal counsel and DPO, you will be the key Operations unit partner in coordination of trademark and patent processes, and will help us achieve our shared business goals. In this role you will be part of the Legal & Compliance team and report directly to the Manager, InfoSec & GRC.
What You’ll be doing:
- Ensure smooth delivery of internal legal and compliance escalations by providing expertise for multiple teams across Unbounce
- Set good practice for Unbounce as a whole in compliance. Set standards and processes, put in place tools and templates, educate Unbouncers
- Support legal and compliance external escalations from Customer Success and Sales: questions, forms, calls
- Serve as the point of contact for all legal, data privacy, and compliance efforts
- Create and coordinate a repository for policies, contracts, NDAs, and all other legal documents
- Perform Data privacy and Compliance reviews, customer, vendor, and partner contract reviews, risk assessment/management
- Serve Cease & Desist orders and communicate AUP, TOS, License, Trademark and IP violations to offenders
- Support GDPR, PCI and other attestation processes
- Review and define policies, standards, and methodologies
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the data privacy regulations and best practices, and conduct training to promote information security awareness
A little bit about you:
- Have solid understanding of data privacy and regulatory frameworks including GDPR and PCI
- Are familiar with contract process and language specific to data protection and privacy regulations, and possess experience working with a contract management system
- Possess a university degree in Law, Ethics or Business Administration, or a relevant combination of experience and education
- Spent at least 3 years in legal and compliance roles (e.g. Legal Specialist, Paralegal, Legal Analyst)
- Possess at least one professional certification related to data privacy, compliance, and/or information security such as IAPP, CIPP, CIPP/E, CCEP, CCEP-I
- Have experience with policy creation, development and associated lifecycle management activities
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, research and analytical skills
- Have proven ability to interact with co-workers, clients, and third party vendors with tact and diplomacy adopting a customer first approach
- Have the organizational acumen to keep track of all of the various complex moving pieces involved in a project or ongoing operations of a business
- Are outgoing and personable and demonstrate strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, managing multiple tasks with ease
What’s in it for you:
- A remote friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Personal day, Moving day, Sick day, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- All Unbouncers are encouraged to dedicate 10% of their time to Pro-D time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you do this – when you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others – we learn from each other, we innovate, and we co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncers feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique. We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.