Data Scientist (Initiatives)
- Full Time
Join Unbounce and help the world experience better marketing. We’re a people-first, customer-obsessed company focused on helping employees do their best work. Our landing page and conversion intelligence platform empowers digital marketing teams and agencies to launch campaigns, increase conversions and get significantly better ROI on their marketing spend in a way that nobody else does today.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to help us blaze some trails and lead our growing efforts in data science and machine learning. You’ll work as part of the Initiatives squad within our Data Products team, combining techniques in deep learning, NLP and more to deliver innovative production machine learning features to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be part of a diverse, cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, Data Analysts, Product Managers and UX Designers
- You’ll focus on driving machine learning in a variety of areas focused around empowering our customers to create high converting content, optimize their ad campaigns, and provide data-driven insights to increase their ROI
- You’ll be exposed to a wide array of machine learning areas, such as cutting-edge NLP utilizing attention-based and generative models, image analysis and reinforcement learning
- You’ll help Data Products plan its overall strategy, vision and planning
A little bit about you:
- 2-4 years of experience working with machine learning and data science
- Proficient with Python and the associated data science/machine learning packages (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, xgboost, NumPy, scipy)
- Experience with one or more deep learning approaches (NLP, machine vision, generative models) and proficiency with a deep learning framework such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Relational databases (we principally use MySQL and Postgres)
- Agile development, version control, software development best practices, and code review processes
- You can communicate clearly and empathetically with developers, product managers, and UX designers to explain the abilities and limitations of ML systems
- You are not afraid to ask questions to find the best solution and are equally unafraid to have your ideas challenged. You have a strong passion for learning and acquiring knowledge and are humble in your endeavours to become a better Data Scientist
What’s in it for you:
- A remote-friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas holiday closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 personal wellness days (This includes: personal day, moving day, sick day, etc)
- Health and wellness budget - $500.00
- WFH allowance - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid volunteer day per year
- All Unbouncers are encouraged to dedicate 10% of their time to Pro-D time
Please note that we currently do not have a legal entity set up to operate as an employer of record in Quebec. We thank you for your consideration but we are unable to accept candidates from Quebec at this time.
Share our values:
- Being Real
Unbounce Welcomes You to be YOU!
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you do this – when you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others – we learn from each other, we innovate, and we co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncers feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique.
We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination and we’re taking action against unequal pay in our community through leading the #PayUpforProgress movement.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.